And before you get all sorts of crazy ideas in your head, I mean no shampoo. (Donny, I KNOW that was not your first guess!)
I'm actually mostly tired of buying $7-8 bottles of shampoo and conditioner and then having to throw away the caps and recycle the bottles. Just all seems like a waste. Plus my hair has never been that great -- I can go 2 days without washing but more than that and I look like I've been rolling around in grease. Not pretty.
I found this blog post explaining all the details about going shampoo-free, so I resolved to begin trying it as soon as I used up the last of the shampoo. There is, however, still plenty of conditioner left. Isn't that the way of it? Why is there always leftover conditioner after the shampoo is gone? Makes it very difficult to ever even that out or switch to a different shampoo/conditioner set. Luckily, I have discovered that conditioner is awesome as a cream for shaving my legs. So the leftover conditioner will be used up that way.
Anyway, I'm on day 2 of the baking soda wash/apple cider vinegar rinse. So far so good! My hair was silky smooth yesterday, except for underneath, where I didn't get the baking soda to touch. Today it is better. I'm hoping to be able to go longer without having to wash my hair and to have it look better (i.e. not have me looking like a grease monkey).
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I tried it for a few weeks. I finally just gave in, though. My hair still seemed weighed down by oil. But, I remember when I was in high school and much to lazy to shower more than once a week (sleep and homework was more important!), I could go easily a week at a time without my hair being greasy. I really think it was because my head no longer over produced oil; it was a nice balance! Now, of course, if I go more than 2 days, it looks like I have dark brown hair that is very flat and greasy.
One of these days I'll try the no poo thing again, though. I know it works in the long run!!
Ok the apostrophe was certainly a hint you meant something else, but when you put that p with the double-o, scat springs to mind like one of those coiled trick snakes jumping out of a can. It's human nature, I can't help it. I blame you entirely. :)
I'm just the opposite. I go through 3x as much conditioner as shampoo. The moral? If I stopped conditioning my hair, I would end up with dreds. Which I've thought about doing. But not while pregnant. For some reason I just can't deal with that right now.
It's sad about all the bottles, you are right. I wonder about making your own shampoo?
Keep us posted on your no 'poo journey!
I've been interested in no 'poo for a while (and have read BabySlime for YEARS), but so far haven't felt confident enough to do it! I'll be interested in your journey!
Post a Comment