Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Cornfields of Idaho

So I'm still waiting to be assigned a new work project and begin traveling. About 2 weeks ago my supervisor informed me that she had found a study for me to work on, a study related to constipation. Not exactly infectious diseases, but more interesting than cardiology. I'll take it.

She also informed me that I would be monitoring sites in Washington, Montana, Nebraska, and Iowa. Nebraska and Iowa??? Those are kind of ... far away from Oregon (considering that we are supposed to be regional monitors. In the past, I never had to go further than Denver or Phoenix, although once I went to Houston, but that was a special circumstance and not my assigned site).

Then last week I got to talk with the director of the project. She informed me that I would be traveling to Washington, Montana and Idaho for the project. Seems that my supervisor, who lives and works in New Jersey, confused Iowa for Idaho. Because you know, all those western states are way out there and the same, even if it is at least 2 hours of additional flight time between Idaho and Iowa. Sheesh. The project director didn't know anything about Nebraska.

So I am relieved. I was not exactly looking forward to flights all the way out to Iowa, especially in the winter time.

Speaking of winter time, when I went shopping for new work clothes I thought that I was going to be going to California for work. So I brought warm-weather clothes. I don't think that will work for Washington, Montana, and Idaho in the winter time!! It's a good thing I didn't remove the tags and still have the receipt.

No comments: