A few days after I had resolved the FedEx debacle regarding shipping the cochlear implant, I happened to take another look at the paperwork that FedEx had sent me with that precious tracking number. I then noticed, much to my horror, that the company received said package on July 28th and not June 28th, which is what would have made sense given when I shipped said package. Once I discovered this crucial piece of information I did
So nothing has happened.
Then today Urban Shaman came home. A little background information -- he has bilateral cochlear implants, which means one in each ear. Right ear was implanted in 2004, and he has a processor called the Esprit 3G in that ear. Left ear was implanted in 2008 and has a processor called the Freedom. We had shipped an Esprit 3G back to the company.
Urban Shaman: I found an Esprit 3G in my coat pocket today.
Gaia Hippie: What? Oh do you mean the other Freedom? (He has 2, but only wears 1.)
US: No, I mean the Esprit 3G.
GH: What the hell? Show me.
US: Goes to coat, which is a black hole and from which many miscellaneous items have suddenly been recovered. He brings back an Esprit 3G.
GH: Checks to see that there is one Esprit 3G on his ear, and another one in his hand. It suddenly dawns on Gaia Hippie that this could be the missing Esprit 3G that the company was charging us $4500 for.
It never made it inside of the box.
We shipped them an empty box.
Whoops.
3 comments:
lol... mystery solved!
eeps!!! lol!
oh. sheet.
i wonder if there will be a part three....;)
Post a Comment