Friday, January 16, 2009

No! You Can't Make Me!

Is Facebook replacing blogging? I swear, everyday I discover at least one more person that I know has an account on FB. And I hear a lot about this whole "friend" thing, both the positives and the annoyances.

I have resisted opening a FB account for awhile, and am continuing to resist. For some reason, it just sounds like more trouble than it is worth. I never had a My Space account, either. Am I just already old-fashioned?

Thankfully, I'm using the buddy system for not getting on FB crack. My good friend S. and I have agreed that if one of us gets an account, the other one must get one, too. Since neither one of us wants one, this is a good reverse psychology type way to keep both of us away from it. I think?

And yes, you can laugh at me all you want if I get a FB account. Because I'm not getting one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on...all the kids are doing it. :) There are so many people on there. But it is seriously addictive. And way better than MDC.

You were in my dream last night. We were talking, and then for some reason there was a closed window between us. I was still talking to you and you laughed at me because not only could you not hear me at all, but I guess my head was turned a bit. I remember that we were both trying for baby #2. Not together of course. :)

El Donaldo said...

Nothing could replace blogging :)

Facebook is a good friend aggregator. Myspace is flashy and lame, but Facebook has a nice interface and it's a good way to stay in touch with some people.

All you have to do is RESIST clicking "accept" on things like "So and So sent you a hug! Click here to accept!"

Lee said...

Ack! Now I know TWO more people who have FB accounts!

Lol

radishly said...

hahahhaa, just as I was reading through the first paragraph I started formulating my comment: "Tell me when you break down, and I'll do it too." And then I see you've already set up a similar arrangement. Hahaha

So, add 1 to the no-FB column. But don't even think about revoking my cool award! ;)

Keri said...

I agree with you about MySpace...so flashy and tacky. After people started leaving Xanga for FaceBook, I caved and sign up for it since I wanted to keep up with these friends I've gotten to know on Xanga. FaceBook is actually pretty cool and easy to keep in touch with friends. As for applications, I just block them and it works out just fine. It's hard to catch up with everyone on it if you have too many friends added but I check it when I feel like it which isn't all that often. =P You *will* cross over one day. ;)